Ouvrir La Bouche | Food, Well-being and Adventure

GO TO OUVRIRLABOUCHE.COM FOR THE NEW WEBSITE

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Vegan Chocolate Cake








































BLOGGERVERSARY

At the time of writing it is exactly one year since I clicked the "publish your blog"-button 
with shaky hands and a mind running wild. Exactly one year ago I stept out of my comfort 
zone and did something I deep in had wanted to do for ages but never had got the courage 
I needed for doing so. Looking back, I am glad I did what I did and October 1st 2014 is a 
day  will always look back on with a smile. It was the day I chose to show the world who I really 
am, what I love and what I want to do with my life. It was a day that changed my life forever. 
Since starting Ouvrir La Bouche I have become much richer. Not money-wice, but memory-, 
friend- and life-wise. I have experienced things I never thought I would experience, I have gone 
through a mindful change to the better and where I before might had a distorted view of 
things, I have opened up and I am now always longing for trying new things and broaden my 
horizons! I have become more happy about life than ever before!

One of the things I never thought I should experience was myself as vegetarian, do not even 

mention me sharing a vegan recipe as one of my absolutely favourite recipes. But look at me
 now! Here it is, Vegan Chocolate Cake


VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

INGREDIENTS


for the cake

225 grams of unsalted, non-hydrogenated margarine
85 grams of natural unsweetened cocoa powder
4 1/2 deciliter unsweetened rice or soy milk
55 grams of natural unsweetened chocolate
220 grams of packed brown sugar
260 grams of all-purpose flour
85 grams of granulated sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine salt


for the frosting

450 grams of natural unsweetened or bittersweet chocolate
450 grams of unsalted, non-hydrogenated margarine
65 grams of natural unsweetened cocoa powder
335 grams of powdered sugar
6 tablespoons rice or soy milk
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine salt

INSTRUCTIONS

for the cake
Frist off, heat the oven to 350°C. 
Secondly, coat 2 round cake pans with margarine or cover 
them in baking paper. Both with work fine. Set the pans aside. Thirdly, mix the measured 
flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl mix 
together the rice or soy milk and vinegar. Also set this aside. Now melt the chocolate in a 
small bowl using a microwave or double boiler. Set the chocolate aside to cool slightly. Mix
 together margarine and sugars until it's well combined. Then add the melted chocolate and 
vanilla and mix until just combined.  Put in a third of the flour mixture, and when mixed, 
add a third of the milk mixture and mix. Continue adding alternatively milk mixture and 
flour mixture in small sips until there's nothing remaining flour and soy milk mixtures. Now 
divide the batter in two portions  and pour them in the prepared pans and spread the tops 
evenly with a spoon or spatula. Put the pans into the oven and let them bake for about 30 to 
35 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely before assembling the
 cake!

for the frosting
By using a microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate in a bowl. Afterwards set aside to 
cool. In another bowl, mix the margarine, the sugar and salt. When mixed, add the cooled 
melted chocolate before adding the cocoa powder, soy or rice milk, and vanilla. Set aside 
until both cake layers are cooled.

assembling the cake
Put one of the cake layers to the plate wanted for serving. Spoon a third of the frosting into 
the center of the cake layer and work it out from the center to the edges of the cake layer 
with a knife or like. When the frosting is spread in an even layer carefully add the other cake 
layer. Now spread the rest of the frosting on both top and side of the cake. When done put it 
in the freezer for at least half an hour before enjoying this wonder of a cake!

Thank you for always being here for me! Ouvrir La Bouche would be nothing 

without you! 

Em xx





3 comments:

  1. Happy bloggerversary! Good way of celebrating one year :) That cake looks absolutely delicious! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy blog-birthay!!!! the cake looks amazing :D

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a happy bloggerversary! :)
    Also, this cake looks sooo yummy!! Definitely want to try it

    Lots of hugs, A
    http://myvolatilelove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign