Ouvrir La Bouche | Food, Well-being and Adventure

GO TO OUVRIRLABOUCHE.COM FOR THE NEW WEBSITE

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Apple and Cinnamon Porridge







As many of you might have found out I am a bit of a breakfast freak. I love experimenting
 with the things I eat in the morning and try out what gives me most energy and the feeling 
of being full doing the day, and still satisfy my taste buds!

A few months back I tried this porridge for the first time, and I fell in absolutely love 
with it! It is a good combination of everything that my taste buds love and it fills your stomach 
not too much - not too little. This, the way it fills, is also the reason why I will recommend you
all to try this as breakfast a day you re planning on going for a run or doing any other form of hard 
excise. I'll also recommend trying it a day where you need a quick filling breakfast, because it 
takes no more than 5 minutes to make! So, time is no excuses for not trying it!  

APPLE AND CINNAMON PORRIDGE
 for 3 persons

You will need:
3 decilitre oats
5 decilitre low fat milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 apple

What to do:
Pour the milk, oats, cinnamon and salt into a cooking pot. Grate the apple and put it into the 
pot too. Let the porridge simmer on low heat while stirring in 3 to 4 minutes, and it is ready
 for you to eat.

#TIP: I always top this porridge with syrup or honey, chopped almonds and chopped apple, 
and I really recommend trying this!

#TIP: If you are only yourself you might think that making a portion for 3 is a bit too much, 
but do not worry! What you do not wait can be put in the fridge and wait there for you until 
the next morning! 

Bon appetite!

Emma xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks quite good! And not so difficult to do. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I loved that you added apples to it! Have a nice day,
    Vera

    The Flash Window | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign